I’ve been looking for a decent writing program for a couple of months now. I have moved back and forth between Scrivener and Google Docs but I tried yWriter again today and I think I’m sold.
I imported an RTF of my manuscript and yWriter clicked everything into place for me.
I added some characters and then clicked on the option to automatically find the characters in my chapters and it worked very well.
I did the same with my locations and items!
Now I know which chapters have an M82a in them and which ones don’t.
Also, yWriter is free.
I think the original problem I had with yWriter was the default yWriter page is for version 5. The screenshots for v5 look dated.
If you go to the yWriter 6 screenshots you can see that the UI design has been improved.